Hong Kong SARS Forum and
Hospital Authority Convention 2004
Since 1993, the Hong Kong Hospital Authority has organized an international convention every year to promote sharing of experience among local and overseas healthcare professionals. Over 1,500 clinicians and healthcare professionals from overseas, China and Hong Kong attended the HA Convention each year.
In 2004, a Hong Kong SARS Forum will be held with the HA Convention from 8 to 11 May at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre under the theme of 'Changing for Sustainability'.
Hong Kong SARS Forum
The SARS outbreak in 2003 has posed a challenge to global healthcare. The international health community will benefit from experience sharing and joint strategic planning in the prevention and management of SARS. Topics of the SARS Forum covers -
- Nosocomial Infection & Control
- Virology, Genetics & Patho-immunology
- Clinical Management of SARS
- Contingency & Crisis Management
- Transmission & Control of SARS in the Community
- Chinese Medicine for SARS
- Geriatrics, Paediatrics, Obstetrics, Psychiatry
- Nursing and Allied Health Perspectives
The Hospital Authority Convention will again invite international renowned academics and experts to share their achievements and to explore innovative ideas on sustainable healthcare under the sub-themes of :
- Public Health Crisis
- Hospital Clustering and Service Rationalization
- Enhancing System Sustainability and Public-Private Interface
- Community Oriented Service Models
- Managing and Leading People
Since its inception, the Hospital Authority Convention had provided participants an excellent platform to share their views on achievements of healthcare service to date and explore future developments and challenges. In addition to the Plenary Sessions and discussion sessions on the sub-themes, there will be exhibition and poster display.
Please visit the Convention webpage at www.ha.org.hk/haconvention/hac2004 for more information about the Convention and submission of abstracts.
For registration, please use this address:
Registration and Submission of Abstracts
Please note the following deadlines:
Submission of abstracts: 31 January 2004
Convention registration: 31 March 2004
For enquiries, please contact:
Tel: 2300 6808
Fax: 2895 0937